Check out our COVID-19 dedicated page for tenders related to medical equipment needs.
Belgium-Brussels: Redevelopment of the Berlaymont Esplanade: construction of the Welcome Centre
Section I: Contracting authority
Section II: Object
Redevelopment of the Berlaymont Esplanade: construction of the Welcome Centre
Construction of a "pavilion" of +/- 370 m2 adjoining the current Berlaymont, intended to accommodate visitors.
EU administrative appropriations
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
List and description of the formalities necessary to assess whether these requirements are met:
A) Submission of applications
For the methods of submitting applications, please refer to the tender specification ("Invitation to submit an application")
B) Candidate's references
The candidate (or each member of the grouping if the candidate is a grouping):
— will mention in its letter requesting participation the reference " OIB.02/PR/2018/032/767",
— the candidate must enclose with its tender all the documents and information required in point III.1 'Conditions for participation' of this notice and listed in Annex I 'Checklist of documents to be completed and provided' to the tender specifications,
— the candidate will in particular enclose a duly signed and dated solemn declaration stating that it is not in any of the situations which would exclude it from participating in a contract awarded by the European Union. The solemn declaration must take the form of the template published on the following page, in its entirety: http://ec.europa.eu/oib/procurement_fr.cfm
C) Legal situation
NB: the successful tenderer must, on pain of exclusion, provide the following documentary evidence in support of the solemn declaration prior to signing of the contract:
— the production of a recent extract from the judicial records or, failing that, a recent equivalent document issued by a competent judicial or administrative authority of the country in which the tenderer is established, from which it appears that it is not in a or is not the subject of a bankruptcy, liquidation, judicial settlement or precautionary arrangement, cessation of activity or any similar situation resulting from a similar procedure under national laws and regulations,
— the production of a recent extract from the judicial records or, failing that, a recent equivalent document issued by a competent judicial or administrative authority of the country in which the tenderer is established, from which it appears that it has not been subject to a judgment which has the force of res judicata for any offence affecting its professional character and has not been the subject of a judgment which has the force of res judicata for fraud, corruption, involvement in a criminal organisation or any other illegal activity affecting the financial interests of the communities,
— the production of a recent certificate issued by the competent authority of the country in which the tenderer is established, from which it appears that it has fulfilled its obligations relating to the payment of social security contributions,
— the production of a recent certificate issued by the competent authority of the country in which the tenderer is established, from which it appears that it has fulfilled its obligations relating to the payment of its taxes (direct taxes and VAT) according to the legal provisions of the country where it is established.
Where no such documents or certificates are issued by the country concerned, these can be replaced by a declaration on oath or solemn statement made before a competent judicial or administrative authority, a notary or a competent professional or trade body in that country.
NB: if groupings are awarded the contract, they must provide the solemn declaration along with the supporting documents and information for each individual member.
- The candidate must present:
— a copy of the financial statements (balance sheets and profit and loss accounts) for the last 3 financial years, showing the annual pre-tax results. If, for a valid reason, the candidate is unable to provide these, it must enclose a statement as to annual pre-tax results for the past 3 years. If the financial statements or the declaration show an average loss over the past 3 years, the candidate must provide another document as proof of its financial and economic capacity, such as the appropriate guarantee from a third party (e.g. a parent company), statements from auditors, professional accountants or equivalent,
— statement as to overall annual turnover during the past 3 financial years.
To be selected, the candidate must provide proof of an average overall annual turnover for the past 3 financial years of 10 000 000 EUR.
— a list of references in the construction of buildings corresponding to the subject of the contract during the last 3 years (year of execution, surface area, amount, duration, contact details of the recipients of the work performed, parts subcontracted with the name and the contact details of the subcontractors). The Commission reserves the right to ask the recipients of the services referred to how satisfied they were with the services provided by the candidate,
— an ISO 9001 certificate or equivalent, or a dossier demonstrating that an internal quality control system has been implemented corresponding to the aforementioned standard,
— an ISO 14001 certificate, EMAS or equivalent, or a dossier demonstrating that an internal management quality control system has been set up corresponding to the aforementioned standard,
— proof of approval as a class 7 or 8 company - category D.
Reference to at least one predominately "Metal construction" project with a minimum value of 1 000 000 EUR over the last 3 years.
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
1) For British candidates or tenderers:
Please be aware that after the UK's withdrawal from the EU, the rules of access to EU procurement procedures of economic operators established in third countries will apply to candidates or tenderers from the UK depending on the outcome of the negotiations. In case such access is not provided by legal provisions in force candidates or tenderers from the UK could be rejected from the procurement procedure.
2) NB: interested parties are requested to submit their application to participate strictly in accordance with the conditions indicated in point III.1. of this notice. Incomplete applications may be automatically rejected.
3) The tender specification and additional documents (including questions and answers) will be available at the following web address: https://etendering.ted.europa.eu/cft/cft-display.html?cftId=3854. Interested parties are invited to register via the website. They will then be notified by the online public procurement system of any updates available for this invitation to tender. Parties not registered on the website are requested to consult it regularly. The Commission cannot be held liable should candidates/tenderers not be aware of any additional information on this invitation to tender given on this website.
The site will be updated regularly and it is the responsibility of candidates/tenderers to check for any updates and modifications during the tendering period.
Additional information on contract terms, contract renewals, conditions for participation, minimum levels of capacity required, total estimated contract volume, etc. can be found in the tender specifications available on the aforementioned website. No paper version will be issued. EMAS-certified since 2005, the OIB adopts an environmentally friendly attitude. EMAS is the eco-management and audit scheme, the EU voluntary instrument used by organisations to improve their environmental performance.
4) Site Visit: A site visit will be scheduled for selected candidates.
5) A performance guarantee of 10% of the total value of the offer will be requested from the successful tenderer before the signature of the contract. This amount will be released 60 days after final acceptance.
6) The amount of 4 600 000 EUR indicated in point II.1.5 corresponds to an estimate of 4 200 000 EUR plus a reserve of 10%.
7) during the 3 years following the conclusion of the initial contract, the contracting authority may use the negotiated procedure without prior publication of a contract notice for new services or works involving the repetition of similar services or works assigned to the party awarded this contract by the contracting authority.
8) For further information on participating in invitations to tender and on the sequence of procedures for public procurement at the OIB, please consult the 'Guide for tenderers' and the brochure 'Doing business with the European Commission', accessible via the link: http://ec.europa.eu/oib/procurement_fr.htm
Within 2 months of the plaintiff being notified or, failing this, of the date on which it became known to them. A complaint made to the European Ombudsman neither suspends this period nor opens a new period for lodging appeals.