Check out our COVID-19 dedicated page for tenders related to medical equipment needs.
The Conference on the Future of Europe is your chance to share your ideas and shape the future of Europe. Make your voice heard!
United Kingdom-London: IT services: consulting, software development, Internet and support
Contract notice – utilities
Section I: Contracting entity
Section II: Object
Information Systems Services
Tideway is seeking to adapt its Information Systems (IS) model to better align with its future business needs. This involves transitioning to a mixed sourcing model, leveraging cloud-based services wherever possible, whilst also taking on more responsibility for certain aspects of the service. Further information including the target service model is included in the PQP.
Subsequently Tideway is seeking to appoint contractor(s) to deliver 2 key towers in the overall IS service model defined as Lots 1 and 2 respectively.
Lot 1: SharePoint Online Development and Support;
Lot 2: Managed Hosting Support including Backup as a Service.
Applicants may apply for and be awarded a single lot or both lots, subject to individual (lot specific) and cumulative minimum requirements. Please refer to the PQP for further details.
SharePoint Online Support and Development
Tideway is seeking to appoint a contractor to provide experienced 2nd and 3rd line SharePoint support expertise to respond to and resolve any incidents raised within agreed SLAs. The services will include collating and translating business requirements into technical requirements and provide solutions which are in line with business expectations.
The services will be ad-hoc in nature and include bug fixes of the Tideway SharePoint solution and enhancement requests. Typical enhancement requests may include, but not limited to:
— changes to add functionality to the document workflow,
— document conversion — create notification for failed document conversion jobs,
— monitoring added for certain web jobs to alert when failing,
— interface changes to map to 3rd party data structure changes,
— enhance the search function within SharePoint.
Please refer to Section II.2.11.
Applicants are referred to the PQP and Pre-Qualification Questionnaire (PQQ) for information on Tideway's criteria for choosing Applicants to be invited to tender for the contract. Tideway expects to select the top 4 applicants to tender for the contract. Tideway reserves the right in its absolute discretion to invite fewer than 4 or to invite 5 Applicants on the basis described in the PQP.
Applicants should be aware that the initial term of the contract is 36 months and Tideway reserves the right to extend the term by period or periods of up to 48 months making a maximum aggregate contract period of 84 months. Further, applicants should also be aware that Tideway reserves the right to omit and/or vary the scope of the contract and/ or require optional scope to be performed.
Further information is included in the PQP.
Managed Hosting Support including Backup as a Service (BaaS)
Tideway is seeking to appoint a contractor to provide an Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Backup as a Service (BaaS) hosting cloud platform along with full 24/7 management of the IaaS/BaaS service; encompassing, design, build and support of the Tideway solution. To be delivered in line with Tideway’s service parameters and logically integrate/interface with Tideway’s operating model.
The initial term of the contract is 36 months, optional extensions are included, see II.2.11 for details.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
Applicants are referred to the PQP and PQQ for information about conditions for participation.
Applicants are referred to the PQP and PQQ for information about Tideway's objective rules and criteria for participation in the contract.
Tideway reserves the right to require guarantees, bonds, collateral warranties (potentially including the grant of step-in rights) and other forms of security as appropriate to be specified in the procurement documents to be made available at ITT stage. Applicants are referred to the PQP for relevant information available at this Contract Notice stage.
The main financing conditions, payment mechanism and performance standards will be described in the procurement documents to be made available at ITT stage.
Tideway will accept expressions of interest and tenders from single entities or consortia. Tideway does not require those Consortia who intend to form a single legal entity to do so at the PQQ stage. Tideway will consider contracting with a consortium, providing always that the participants in any consortium are jointly and severally liable for all of the obligations of the contractor under this contract.
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
1) Terms in this Contract notice with initial capital letters have the meanings given in PQP Section 1.3 (Glossary);
2) To express interest in this tender, Applicants must register and complete the PQQ on the Tideway portal:https://thamestidewaytunnel.bravosolution.co.uk by the deadline for PQQs stated in the PQP. The PQQ Deadline is a precise time and Applicants must allow sufficient time to upload the PQQ.
3) Section I (contracting entity): The contracting entity is Bazalgette Tunnel Ltd (‘Tideway’), the organisation responsible for delivering the Thames Tideway Tunnel. Additional information relating to this Contract Notice is available in the procurement documents. Further information on Tideway and the Thames Tideway Tunnel is available at www.tideway.london
4) Section II.2.7 (Duration of the contract): timescales in this Contract Notice are estimated based on the current Tideway programme but may be subject to change;
5) Section IV (Procedure): Tideway is not a utility for the purpose of the Utilities Contracts Regulations 2016 (‘UCR 2016’) and accordingly the UCR 2016 do not apply to this procurement. However Tideway is required pursuant to the procurement regime in The Water Industry (Specified Infrastructure Projects) (English Undertakers) Regulations 2013 (‘SIP Regulations’) to tender certain contracts and certain categories of contracts in accordance with a modified regime set out in the SIP Regulations as amended by The Public Procurement (Amendments, Repeals and Revocations) Regulations 2016 (‘modified UCR 2016’). The procurement requirements set out in the modified UCR 2016 are broadly similar to the UCR 2016 save that certain procedures, exclusions and exemptions have been removed and Part 5 of UCR 2016 (Remedies) has been modified so that a different remedies regime applies to Tideway. Additional information in relation to the modified UCR 2016 is available at: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/cy/uksi/2016/275/schedule/2/paragraph/48/made.
6) Section VI.4 (Procedures for review): in accordance with the modified UCR 2016 regime, Tideway will incorporate a minimum 10 calendar day standstill period before award from the point information on award is communicated to tenderers. Any request for further information by tenderers pursuant to the modified UCR 2016 regime must be made in writing to the address set out in section I.1 above. The modified UCR 2016 regime provides remedies for economic operators who, in consequence of a breach of the modified UCR 2016 regime, suffer, or risk suffering, loss or damage. Proceedings must be started in the High Court of England and Wales;
7) A response to this Contract Notice does not guarantee that an applicant will be invited to tender. The award process may be terminated or suspended at any time without cost or liability to Tideway. Tideway does not bind itself to enter into any contract(s) arising out of the procedure envisaged by this Contract notice. No contractual rights, express or implied, arise out of this Contract Notice or the procedures envisaged by it. Tideway reserves the right to vary its requirements and the procedure relating to the conduct of the award process. Tideway reserves the right to disqualify any applicants on terms set out in the PQP;
8) Applicants/tenderers shall be solely responsible for and liable for all costs associated with and arising out of or in connection with responding to this Contract notice, any PQQ and with submitting any tender, howsoever incurred.