Check out our COVID-19 dedicated page for tenders related to medical equipment needs.
United Kingdom-Birmingham: Information technology services
Prior information notice
This notice is for prior information only
Section I: Contracting authority
Section II: Object
Highways England Information Technology Commercial Framework
The purpose of this PIN is to inform the market of Highways England's plans to launch a technology framework that will be called the information technology commercial framework (ITCF). Launched alongside the operational technology commercial framework (OTCF), the ITCF and OTCF will be vehicles to support the delivery of Highways England’s RIS2 technology pipeline and to meet the strategic aims of Highways England. Please note, this PIN relates specifically to the ITCF.
A supplier engagement webinar to explain Highways England's Procurement of IT is scheduled for Monday 28 September 2020.
Highways England are committed to engaging with new members of the supply chain and encourage participation for all suppliers including SME’s. For further details on how to register your interest in attending the webinar or to ask any questions ahead of the webinar, please see section VI.3) Additional information.
The purpose of the ITCF is to deliver a broad spectrum of Highways England's IT requirements
The ITCF will be the principal vehicle for Highways England's IT procurement with a duration of at least 4 years, with options to extend a further 2 years on a 1 + 1 basis.
Lot 1 (Services and Solutions) will provide access to suppliers who:
• deliver technology and/or business change programmes and project to HE’s businesses, aligned to the IT lines of service;
• realise the end-to-end solutions for the delivery of the above;
• realise any specific component/phase of a programme (including plan, design, build, implement) as well as ongoing support service;
• are capable of design, installation, build and commission, support and maintenance of both their own and others’ products and service solutions.
Lot 2 (Technical Specialist Services) will provide access to suppliers who can:
• provide Highways England with specialist technical capabilities, services and skills;
• supplement Highways England client-side capabilities;
• support effective delivery of technology enabled projects, services and business outcomes.
Lot 3 (Professional Services) will provide access to suppliers who:
• provide and supplement Highways England with multi-disciplinary technological professional services specialists, capabilities and skills to deliver business outcomes;
• provide guidance and assurance to complex business and technical problems;
• can develop Highways England technological capabilities and identify and implement performance improvements;
• provide business engagement and delivery expertise to deliver technology projects and embed business change.
Lot 4 (IT Products and Managed Services) will provide access to suppliers who:
• supply IT products, including ongoing hardware or software support arrangements;
• deliver commodity IT managed services which cut across all lines of service;
• deliver commodity IT infrastructure and platform services which cut across all lines of service.
The ITCF will be a multi-supplier framework, comprising lots from which call-off contracts will be placed.
Please note that the above information is indicative only and could be subject to change prior to publication of the contract notice.
The contract notice is programmed for release in December 2020 with award between June 2021 and August 2021.
Section IV: Procedure
Section VI: Complementary information
All procurement documents will be issued with the contract notice. All procurement documents relating to ITCF will be available to download free of charge from the resourcing portal BravoSolutions (https://highways.bravosolution.co.uk). You will be required to create an account.
To find out further information about this procurement and to register your interest in the supplier engagement event taking place on Monday 28 September 2020, please visit our event homepage: https://registration.livegroup.co.uk/ITCFandOTCF