We are happy to announce that the new version of the TED portal is going live on 29.01.2024 (indicative date - to be confirmed!) Interested in discovering the new functionalities, improvements and impact on the users? We invite you to visit our article and find out more about the main new changes and functionalities.
There are some bugs affecting the way eForms notices are displayed. We are working on solving the problem. In the meanwhile, please check our dedicated page for more information and guidance.
EU solidarity with Ukraine
Prozorro+: Ukrainian public procurement platform
Registration is open for our 4th Workshop with TED reusers, on the 14th of December 2023
Belgium-Brussels: Implementing Dictionaries of Regulatory Concepts and Reporting Obligations by Assisted Machine Learning
Section I: Contracting authority
Section II: Object
Implementing Dictionaries of Regulatory Concepts and Reporting Obligations by Assisted Machine Learning
The overal objective of the service contract is to develop practical solutions to apply natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning (ML), techniques combined with human expert input, to analyse legal texts and identify relevant concepts and their definitions. Another objective is to identify reporting requirements contained in the analyzed legal texts.
The tasks are to be performed at the premises designated by the contractor. A maximum of 6 co-ordination meetings with the contracting authority will be held in Brussels.
More specifically, the contractos is expected to perform the following tasks:
1) Cover entire body of legislation in the scope of DG FISMA, i.e. Level 1, Level 2 legislation, level 3 documents and case law documents as it evolves. The evolving aspect of the corpus of documents in time is an important element that must be addressed;
2) Build a glossary of concepts relevant for the covered corpus of documents by identifying their definitions;
3) Build a dictionary of reporting obligations laid out in the covered corpus of documents identifying key characteristics of the obligations – who reports what to whom;
4) Achieve accuracy of the compiled dictionaries of close to 100 % through human assisted ML;
5) Design and develop tools to use the dictionaries in practical work of DG FISMA in legislative research and drafting that allow to browse, search, explore the concepts in the glossary, the reporting obligation dictionary and the corpus of annotated documents
See procurement documents.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
See procurement documents and, particularly, the draft service contract.
Section IV: Procedure
European Commission, Directorate-General for Financial Stability, Financial Services and Capital Markets Union, Meeting room Poseidon (rue de Spa 2, MM-1, 00/201B), 1000 Brussels, BELGIUM.
A maximum of 2 representatives per tender may attend the opening session. For organisational and security reasons, the tenderer must provide the full name, date of birth, nationality and ID or passport number of the representatives at least 2 working days in advance to: EC-FISMA-Contracts@ec.europa.eu.
Section VI: Complementary information
Within 2 months of the notification to the plaintiff or, in the absence thereof, of the day on which it came knowledge. A complaint to the European Ombudsman does not have as an effect either to suspend or to open a new period for lodging appeals.