Check out our COVID-19 dedicated page for tenders related to medical equipment needs.
Denmark-Copenhagen: Fluorescent microscopes
Voluntary ex ante transparency notice
Section I: Contracting authority/entity
Main address: www.ku.dk
Section II: Object
Acquisition of a Olympus IXplore ScanR system
We intend to procure an Olympus IXplore High-Content Screening system for high-throughput microscopy. The product is intended for the protein imaging platform, a microscopy facility at CPR with approx. 100 users in the next 5 years. The platform already has 2 such microscopes, but these are chronically overbooked (11 h per workday per microscope) and the demand is rising steeply. A third microscope (with additional confocal imaging options) will help overcome this bottleneck.
Section IV: Procedure
There are several technical reasons for this microscope which are only offered by this supplier:
1) The Olympus ScanR screening station is the only dedicated high-throughput microscope that uses a classic microscope stand with an eye-piece for visual inspection of the samples and a universal stage holder for highest flexibility of carrier formats (plates, dishes, slides, chambers). This is an essential requirement for imaging of a huge variety of different microscope samples in high-throughput mode and the possibility to inspect the samples by eye;
2) It is also the only dedicated high-throughput system with full flexibility for using custom templates to acquire images at multiple positions across the sample;
3) It is the only high-throughput microscope that can be upgraded with photobleaching laser control, a demand that could arise in the platform, when other microscopes are phased out;
4) Olympus is the only supplier of a new generation of ultra-thin objective lenses with high numerial aperture (X-line) for unprecedented flat-field imaging and chromatic aberration correction, which brings a cutting edge in image quality in confocal high-content imaging without immersion oil;
5) The Olympus ScanR system has integrated cytometry-like analysis tools for gating cell populations after image analysis and profiling of single cell responses. This is a key feature for all our applications on this type of microscope, as can be documented by several papers published by CPR using this function (quantitative image-based cytometry, QIBC).
Section V: Award of contract/concession
Section VI: Complementary information
Internet address: www.klfu.dk