Check out our COVID-19 dedicated page for tenders related to medical equipment needs.
Denmark-Copenhagen: Mass spectrometer
Voluntary ex ante transparency notice
Section I: Contracting authority/entity
Section II: Object
Acquisition of a Timstof Pro LC-MS System (Mass Spectrometer)
We wish to purchase a timsTOF Pro mass spectrometer with trapped ion mobility which allows Parallel Accumulation Serial Fragmentation (PASEF) acquisition method to provide extremely high speed and sensitivity proteomics. Bruker is the only provider of such instruments.
We wish to purchase a timsTOF Pro mass spectrometer with trapped ion mobility which allows Parallel Accumulation Serial Fragmentation (PASEF) acquisition method to provide extremely high speed and sensitivity proteomics. Bruker is the only provider of such instruments. The laboratory of Prof. Mann at the Centre for Protein Research, KU and also the Max Planck Institute for Biochemistry, Munich have tested this technology and have demonstrated more than 800 000 fragmentation spectra in standard 120 min LC runs, which can be used for near exhaustive precursor selection in the complex mixtures we examine. Online PASEF achieves remarkable sensitivity with more than 2 900 proteins identified in 30 min runs with 10 ng of material. This technology is essential for our research.
Section IV: Procedure
1) The instrument must be able to synchronise the quadrupole with the IMS elution time to allow for a high MS/MS acquisition speed, leading to an increased fragmentation depth and there must be algorithms for intelligent targeting of low-level precursors.
2) The MS instrument must be capable of real-time data acquisition and processing, enabling a high spectrum repetition rate of > 100 Hz in MS/MS mode (including ion mobility separation and without sacrificing sensitivity) to obtain highest possible identification of both peptides and proteins, i.e. high sequence coverage of the identified proteins.
3) Mass resolution 60 000 independent of MS or MS/MS sequencing speed.
4) Reproducibility of Collisional Cross Section (CCS) value determination < 0.5 % RSD.
5) Pre-defined methods for DDA, DIA, PRM delivered, where both m/z and ion mobility are used for selectivity (i.e. window selection in DIA and PRM, and possibility to integrate various LC vendors into the instrument control software and the data-file format must be open architecture to enable easy input for various bioinformatics approaches.
The timsTOF Pro system comes with a dual-TIMS (trapped ion mobility spectrometry) analyser optimised for high-speed shotgun proteomics. It has nearly 100 % duty cycle, making this parallel accumulation serial fragmentation technique (PASEF) perfectly suited for nanoflow LC-MS analysis of enzymatically-digested complex protein mixtures. The timsTOF Pro from Bruker is the only instrument in the market that has TIMS technology allowing PASEF, DIA-PASEF and PRM-PASEF acquisition methods.
— TIMS cell
Title: ‘Apparatus and method for parallel flow ion mobility spectrometry combined with mass spectrometry’
Issued: US7838826B1; US 8288717B2
— IMEX, temporal zoom
Title: ‘Spectrum Acquisition Modes For Ion Mobility Spectrometers Using Trapped Ions’
Issued: US8766176B2; GB2490387B
— Parallel Accumulation TIMS
Ion Guide System:
— High Precision Multipole Rod Ion Guides
Title: ‘Multiple rod systems produced by wire erosion’
Issued: DE102004037511B4; GB2416915B; US7351963B2
— Ion Beam Conditioning
Title: ‘Conditioning of an ion beam for injection into a time-of-flight mass spectrometer’
Issued: GB2361803B; US6700117B2
TOF Mass Analyser:
Gridless Orthogonal Accelerator and Ion Optics for Focus Mode
Title: ‘Gridless time-of-flight mass spectrometer for orthogonal ion injection’
Issued: DE10005698B4; GB2361353B; US6717132B2
Title: ‘Pulsers for time-of-flight mass spectrometers with orthogonal ion injection’
Issued: DE10158924B4; GB2386751B; US6903332B2
— Reflector Design
Title: ‘Reflectors for time-of-flight mass spectrometers’
Issued: DE102014009900B4; CN105244242B
Pending: GB2530840A; US20160005583A1
— Auto-Calibration of Detector
Title: ‘Method of adjusting the detector amplification in mass spectrometers’
Issued: DE102008010118B4; GB2457559B; US8536519B2
— Advanced Mass Band-Width
Title: ‘Method of operating a time-of-flight mass spectrometer with orthogonal ion pulsing’
Issued: DE102011100525B4; GB2490577B; US8927928B2
Electro-Spray Ion Source with Ion Funnel
Title: ‘Ion guide for mass spectrometers’
Issued: CA2463433C; CA2747956C; US7495212B2; US7851752B2; US8222597B2; EP1465234B1 (DE, GB)
Title: ‘Ion funnel with improved ion screening’
Issued: GB2402261B; US7064321B2.
Section V: Award of contract/concession
Section VI: Complementary information